Tuesday, April 21, 2015

God is Faithful

Well, my alarm is set for 4am . . . I typically hit snooze twice and get up @ 4:20 . . . but I've been awake since 3 . . . I made REALLY strong coffee yesterday and sipped it off and on til bedtime . . . NOT the best idea . . . my mind has been reeling since I woke with memories from childhood, young adulthood, motherhood right on up to today . . . things that happened that hurt and confused me, lies I accepted and told myself in order to cope . . . choices I've made for various reasons that I knew were wrong, but I went ahead anyway. . . people I've hurt, disappointed, failed . . .

But what also came to mind was a song . . . part of it goes "never once did I ever walk alone; never once did You leave me on my own; You are faithful, God, You are faithful . . . SO grateful for that truth  - where would I be without Him? 

And the imagery of the Potter . . . "you have things turned around - shall the clay say to the Potter 'You don't know what You're doing!' " and "the Potter was making a vessel, and the vessel was marred in the Potter's hand . . . so He made it again into another vessel, as it seemed good to the Potter to make" . . . Oh SO grateful that I have always been in HIS hand, and that He is the expert of creating and RE-creating!!! 

Even more grateful when I think that the very fact that He has never left me alone, and that He creates and recreates me tell me that I am valuable to Him . . . and if God finds me valuable enough to always be with me and to shape, train, discipline, teach, make, mold, prune, counsel, comfort, encourage and love - not just in word but in all these caring actions - then I must accept that I am valuable indeed . . . warts and all, failures and all, bullheadedness and all . . . ]

God, help me to live as one supremely loved by You today . . . and thank You that every person who reads these words is loved and called valuable by You just as much as I am . . . You are great and mighty and good . . . what is man that You are mindful of us?

No comments:

Post a Comment